Today on CNN Newsroom

December 18th, 2014

Film Critic: 'Hollywood's always running scared'

CNN's Brooke Baldwin speaks with New York Magazine's film critic, David Edelstein, about whether Sony hacking is going to affect future films.

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Brooke Baldwin • CNN Newsroom
  1. Fred Bronson

We need to run the movie, what have we become, a country of wimps??? We worry about every ones feelings, but I guess Korea sees the illegal hispanics walking all over us and we are so afraid to hurt their feeling, they could bullie us. I am ashamed to be an American

December 18, 2014 at 7:52 pm |
  2. Larry Fitzgerald

Brooke Baldwin,
    The Mammouth Cave National Park in Kentucky (US largest cave) has been renamed Sony Cave National Park because it is
    now the largest CAVE in the US.

December 19, 2014 at 12:11 am |
  3. Fred Griswold

It's not just Hollywood. Private industry is always trying to control the message. Objections to the attempted censorship have come from individuals like Rob Lowe, and from government. Obama came out in favor of free speech, as did Congressman Brad Sherman and Secretary of Homeland Security Johnson. Sony, on the other hand, actually requested that the media stop covering the hack. Talk about chutzpah. According to Sony, it's the theaters, but that's not much help, both of them are private industry. Private industry and free speech are like oil and water.

December 26, 2014 at 2:37 am |
  4. Shannon Melter

Wow! This can be one specific of the most helpful blogs We have ever arrive across on this topic. Really Great. I�m also an expert in this subject so I can recognize your hard function.

December 27, 2014 at 4:56 pm |
  5. Авточасти AutoPower.BG

Free speech in the real world is not like defined in wikipedia.

August 18, 2016 at 1:28 am |
  6. Kayaking Maps

Hollywood is so out of touch with what's going on in the world and what people want . They have no idea what the American people want or need .

May 29, 2017 at 4:39 pm |
  7. Delaware water gap map

All they have to do is hire an IT department that knows what you're doing and give them an endless amount of budget . The technology is there to stop these people

June 2, 2017 at 2:48 pm |
  8. Delaware River Kayaking Map

I actually think Hollywood is living in denial.Everynow n then it comes back to bite them.

June 8, 2017 at 10:26 am |
  9. Patsco San Antonio

Why is Hollywood's always running scared. No Jesus, No Peace. Know Jesus, Know Peace. https://www.windshieldrepairsanantonio.net Windshield Repair San Antonio TX

June 19, 2017 at 7:42 pm |
  10. Pete John

Patsco
    There is no hacking that is going to affect future films.

June 20, 2017 at 1:00 pm |
  11. Компютърни компоненти dekada.com

this is interesting...

March 25, 2018 at 3:02 pm |
  12. Faye Leiva

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great website.

January 11, 2021 at 2:03 am |
  13. Augustus Kalter

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I recieve four emails using the same comment. Will there be however you may eliminate me from that service? Thanks!

January 12, 2021 at 1:38 am |
  14. Stevie Rabenstein

I gotta favorite this internet site it seems very helpful handy

January 28, 2021 at 10:08 pm |
  15. vreyro linomit

I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A few of my blog audience have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?

February 26, 2021 at 12:19 pm |
  16. Amelia Camlin

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

March 25, 2021 at 3:08 am |